• A one-off donation by BACS, cheque, debit or credit card
• Set up a monthly standing order
• Online through Virgin Money Giving or PayPal Giving
Don’t forget, if you are a UK tax payer the government will add Gift Aid (25%) to the value of your donation at absolutely no cost to you!
Here are some examples of ways you can support us:
• Sponsored walk, run, climb or cycle
• Cake sale
• Bucket collecting
• Quiz Night
• Dress down day
• Sporting event – golf day, football tournament or rounders match
• Raffle or auction
• Organise a large event with all the funds supporting Oakleaf – fete, concert or exhibition
Most importantly – tell us about your fundraising! We want to spread the word about how we are helping our community and the ways our community is supporting us!
#TeamOakleaf #MentalHealthAwareness #MentalHealthMatters #MentalHealth #MentalHealthCharity #SurreyCharity #GuildfordCharity #EndTheStigma #ReduceTheStigma #Oakleaf
Please enter your details below to receive communications via your preferred method(s). No field is required; by completing the address, telephone or email fields you are agreeing to receive communications via those methods.
“Oakleaf was one of the first Charities chosen by the Dominic Beer Memorial Trust (later renamed), after its foundation in 2015, in memory of its namesake Consultant Psychiatrist, – a leader in the treatment and rehabilitation of severe mental illness and stress, who died in 2013 aged 56.
Oakleaf presented as a well-established charity offering a wide range of services for people suffering from mental illness, helping to restore confidence and a sense of purpose.
The Art department was of particular interest to Trustee Susanna Beer (Dominic’s mother), since Dominic’s two years in retirement had allowed him to develop his talent for painting, resulting in a remarkable flowering of creative energy and a vibrant body of work.
When Trustees started visiting charities, Oakleaf’s highly-acclaimed expertise and efficacy of services made it an obvious choice. Susanna was welcomed to an extensive tour of the charity, met staff and gained valuable insight into the high-quality work, methods and ethos of Oakleaf.
She attended a session in the Art Department and was much impressed by the stimulus and skill of the tutor in inspiring positive and productive responses from students. She has since returned annually and witnesses the profoundly beneficial effect of Oakleaf’s support of its clients.”
There are different kinds of legacies you may consider:
• A Residuary Gift – a percentage of your remaining estate once all the expenses, liabilities and other specific gifts have been paid. This gift is the most beneficial as it keeps its value better than a set amount.
• Pecuniary Gift – a specific amount of money.
• Specific – a specific item for example, jewellery or antiques.
For more information on legacies, contact Moyra Matravers: email@example.com